Sunday, June 10, 2012

Don't H8! Love!

Today was my newly Mesa YSA East Stake Conference, during the meeting they had the Stake Presidency and their wives get up and give a testimony (Supposedly a testimony, more like a talk). The new Stake 1st Councilers wife got up and gave her talk on Marriage and the importance of marriage, to me when I hear that word especially in church it's a big turn off. During her shpeel she mentioned how grateful she was that the church put forth the effort on Prop 8 and 102 to protect marriage. She then went on to say how marriage is between a man and woman and that homosexuality is an ambomination. I was immediately mad and disappointed, I thought to myself why is it that our church and members don't support us homosexuals. I did not randomly choose, "I'm gay and going to like guys!" It happened to be with me most of my life. Being gay is not a choice, just as being straight isn't either. It's a part of who we are. I wish parents, members, and leaders would understand more that we are normal people with feelings and attractions to be loved by someone! Yeah we are different in one thing, we are attracted to the same sex. I will admit that more people who used to not be open with arms are now realizing that they need to love as Jesus Christ did. I love the saying "What Would Jesus Do". I hope and pray we all can do as Jesus did and love everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment