Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thinking Spot

       I don't know if any of you do this, especially when struggling and stressed out, and go to a quiet place to escape from being down. Last night I felt alone and felt like many of my friends don't care enough to be there for me. So driving around, I decided to go to my spot.
       My spot is in a secluded area of Mesa, Arizona on a freeway overpass, and it overlooks a dry riverbed and mountains around the valley.  So while sitting in my car depressed and lonely I began thinking and praying to God why am I gay? Why dont I have great friends? Why does my life have to be so hard? I started crying and what helped brighten my experience was seeing the sunset and the colors of the sky. I went from being down to being calm and peaceful. I love having a special spot to get away and to evaluate where I am. I would highly encourage all of you to find a spot to escape those tough days.

2 comments:

  1. This really resonated with me. Thanks for sharing your 'spot'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. Life is hard and you always need a place where you can go to and calm yourself. I don't have alot of support and understanding from my parents who will always love me.

    ReplyDelete