Sunday, August 12, 2012

To Relate With....

        Part of being different as well as human, is finding people who are in similar situations as we are.  I know, God, and Jesus Christ know that we can't do life or tasks on our own.  We all need a support in certain aspects.   Support and Relationship is so important in society.  We see it in Church, Employment, in Schools, and Groups.
         When I first came out to myself that I was gay, I felt like I needed to turn to someone for help and also someone to listen and relate with.  I turned to a dear best friend and came out to him.  Not knowing about him, he came out to me that he too was gay.  2 years later, here I am with many friends, family, and leaders who know that I am a gay mormon.  Recently here in Arizona, I am in a mormon group of LGBTQ and allied members,  it has been such a blessing being able to have others to relate with and see similar of what they are going through.  I feel like God has brought about 100 of these individuals into my life to help me and have me relate with.  As a Group we meet monthly for a Social at straight member home to have a discussion as well as a time to talk and share similar experiences.  I am truly blessed to have this group as well as friends who have my back when I am going through hard times.
           Another thing I have found easily to relate to is finding other gay mormon blogs through the MoHo Directory, I have found a number of guys who share such similar stories and views as what I share.  The internet is a great tool in finding people who are in similar situations in life as a gay, les, bi, trans mormon.
           In closing, I am grateful to be able to see that there are others like me who are gay and mormon and who want support and friendship and who mainly just want to be accepted just as straight people are.

  

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you and look forward to finally meeting you someday.

    I'm glad you made it on the Moho Directory, too. Now I can obsess over your blog like I do all the others on there, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trev! I can't wait to meet you as well.

    ReplyDelete